INFORMATION MBA STUDENTS LOOKING TO PARTICIPATE IN VCIC NEED
VCIC is designed first and foremost for the students experience, and the system has proven to be tremendously successful, based on the response at all top MBA programs. 74% of students claim that VCIC was the best educational experience of their MBA careers. Each student team is playing the role of a venture capital firm that must go through the entire VC investment process in an extremely condensed time period.
Learn to think like a venture capitalist by competing in VCIC Denmark. Unlike a business plan competition in which students pitch their own ideas to investors, the students act as investors, and real entrepreneurs pitch to them.
The startups chosen to participate tend to be early-stage opportunities in multiple industries looking for funding. The MBA student teams evaluate the available investment oppotunities and determine which company to invest in, how much to invest, and how to structure the deal.
Each team will:
• Read real business plans from startups currently seeking venture capital.
• Watch startups pitches similar to a demo-day.
• Sit down one-on-one with each startup.
• Choose the startup you want to invest in.
• Negotiate a term sheet with the startup.
• Sit down one-on-one with venture capitalists for feedback.